The Bariatric Treatment Chair
UK patent GB1319685.2
The Bariatric Exam Chair is a comprehensive solution to the treatment of both bariatric and average patients for procedures in dentistry, ENT and podiatry. It includes many original features to enhance treatment, handling and comfort for both clinical staff and patients.
Designs for bariatric patients demand special consideration. Generally bariatric patients are movement restricted.To assist when reclining, a downward reclining movement of the backrest maintains the headrest position. The backrest height adjustment also means that optimal support can be achieved for all patient heights. The leg rest extends when being raised to avoid sliding between leg and cushion.
The low seat height of 500mm makes it easy for all patients to be seated and the unique side mounted powerful hydraulic rams can raise the seat to 1000mm for standing treatment. The strong integral support arms can be used as a full load support and assist in patient movement and recovery.
The Bariatric Treatment Chair is rated at l000lb (71st) (454kg) with a seat width of 800mm for the extreme cases of obesity and with the additional armrest extension cushions is also a good option for average patients and for children when a child seat is used.
The design includes an Infra Red remote control, foot switches and fixed switches on the unit to give the greatest flexibility of use. The Bariatric Treatment Chair can be raised in integral ball castors for movement within the surgery space or into other areas and can be rotated on ball castors to achieve the operating position.
Dimensions & Features
- When reclining, a downward movement of the backrest maintains the headrest position
- Backrest height adjustment means optimal support can be achieved for all patient heights
- The leg rest extends when being raised to avoid sliding between leg and cushion
- The low seat height of 500mm makes it easy for all patients to be seated
- Unique side mounted powerful hydraulic rams can raise the seat to 1000mm for standing treatment.
- Welded steel construction
- Hydraulic drive on vertical movement and electrical linear drives on all others
- Battery 24v and Power supply delivering 24v 110v charging
- Headrest is Manually adjustable
- Tested to 1000lb (454kg or 71st)
- Seat width 800mm
- Seat max height 1000mm
- Foot switch, fixed buttons and IR remote
- Extent of motion – horizontal
- Rated capacity 454kg
- Mobile on ball casters
- Low power switching with relay control
Bariatric Treatment Chair Data Sheet
Download data sheet pdf